Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Is the ability to acquire language innate or learned?

Since beginning to learn Spanish in school in seventh grade I had always picked it up pretty quickly. A study has proven that people who can read music and have a musical background learn languages better because both require the use of the same part of your brain. To me to acquire a language was innate. Going to private school, I've gotten to know and have learned that lots of people know multiple languages and many have told me that once they had learned one language learning the others was easy. I feel that this also proves that the ability to acquire a language can be learned as well. So depending on who you are and what your exposed to affects ones ability to acquire a language.

No comments:

Post a Comment